Here’s a quick glance at what I got up to this week with gamedev:
- Updated dungeon appearances and colour palettes for several areas.
- Updated sandstorm effect with some cool rolling clouds.
- Implemented and tested some gameplay-relevant weather effects. I also tweaked the procedural generation algorithm for dungeons – can now generate rooms with central “pools” of water or sand, as seen here.
- Gameplay re-balancing for both dungeons and bosses.
- Finally, I started playing around with video capture to see if I could get some videos made of Ambience gameplay, rather than just silent GIFs. I’ve been working a fair bit on the game’s OST and have been looking to show it off for a while. However video export to Twitter always seems to result in poor quality so here y’all go, you can have this little clip instead… 🙂